Thursday, March 8, 2012

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

So I'm back in Pensacola, on my friends couch, nice and comfortable in my pj's. But it hasn't always been this way. I came back to P'cola to cover for my old boss while she's out of town for 2 weeks. She bribed me to come back by paying for me to take a training seminar I really wanted to go to. I waited too long to get my plane tickets because I was waiting for the money to buy them. So I ended up driving, which was a bad idea. I think if I wrote a book about my life it would be titled "It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time." What should have taken 11 hours, took 14 hours, due to gridlock traffic in Lake Charles, Beaumont, and Baton Rouge. Then, somewhere in Alabama, 11ish hours in to the drive, which was also about 11ish at night, I got off the interstate looking for gas. I got off at a couple of different exits looking for a gas station where I felt even remotely comfortable getting out of my car. Somewhere in there I got turned around and drove back to Louisiana. Yeah, I was just as shocked as you. Then, with 5 hours of sleep I throw myself together to go to the seminar that I was so excited about and not even thinking about what the speed limit could possibly be, I obtain a $130 ticket. I was also half an hour late to my beloved seminar. And now wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment