Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Texas State Aquarium


Today we went to the Aquarium!! Every weekend my bf has to switch his schedule between days and nights. So every weekend we're either trying to go to bed early and get up early, which cuts out on fun time, or trying to stay up late and sleep in, which is much easier and much more fun. So today we slept in, made breakfast, puttered around the house, ok, so I putter around the house, while he plays video games, and then got ourselves together and headed out the door. On the way to the aquarium, my bf decides he's starving and gets uber cranky. The parking lot at the aquarium was full, so we pulled around to a public parking lot, which was $5 that had to be paid in cash. I only had a ten and 2 ones. So we decided to break the 10 at a restaurant next door. We had decided to eat lunch at the aquarium, but at this point I just wanted to get some sort of food, any food in this man's stomach. So we went in to Pier 99 and it was perfect. It was overlooking the water and the USS Lexington, which is an aircraft carrier that has been made into a floating museum. We had huge burgers and cold beer and I had a much happier boyfriend at the end of it. On to the aquarium. It had all your typical aquarium stuff, lots of fish, some sharks, and reptiles, even a few birds. But it also had tons of sea turtles, and dolphins, and otters! It even had an alligator. The sea turtles were very interactive and would come check out all the people, and the dolphins had an underwater viewing area where they would swim by inches away from you. They had a few petting tanks, we only ventured our hands into one of them. The sting ray tank. I had a very flowy sleeve that kept brushing the water. My bf was holding my sleeve when I reached a little too far over the tank to try to reach the nearest sting ray and my whole sleeve and arm dunked in. I got all flustered and splashed everywhere and the sting ray got all flustered and kicked up sand everywhere. It was only a small mess. I only had one soaking wet limb. We decided to get memberships so we could come back for free and bring guests when our families came to visit. Afterwards we got ice cream and walked on the beach. It was a beautifully sunny day. Not too hot, not too windy. Perfect for walking on the beach with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment