Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally Getting Out Of The House

My first trip out was to a running club I found online. It met at someone’s house, which is different from the breweries I was used to in Pensacola. It was a small group, and I think I was the youngest one there. The gentleman whose house we met at has ran all over the world and was even on a poster for a 100 mile run in France. The neighborhood we ran through was beautiful, full of gorgeous homes and expansive parks. Green parks full of trees. They invited me to their weekly after run dinner at Jason’s Deli. Yesterday morning I went to a Zumba class within walking distance from my apartment and realized how out of shape I am. And this morning I finally got to Yoga! It was on the other side of town, so it took all of 15 minutes to get there. Of course, I was still 5 minutes late, I couldn’t help it, it was 6:30am. But I was welcomed in and had an awesome class that was a mix of Iyengar and Baptiste, my two favorite styles of yoga. I think people in Texas might actually be the friendliest people I’ve ever met. Whether it was running, dancing, or yoga, people are more than happy to tell me all about everything there is to do here, from restaurants to job opportunities. It’s been really great getting out of the house, I look forward to meeting more people, making new friends, and seeing what our life here is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment